Edinboro Receives PRSA Award for Gone Local Branding
In the fall of 2020 we had the pleasure of working with students from The Edinboro Center for Branding and Strategic Communication for a full brand redesign. The student-led team designed our logo, selected our brand styles, and created several other assets for our business. This program, which is a part of the larger NWPA Innovation Beehive Network, provides real-world experience and the opportunity to create portfolio pieces to students in the program.
On November 18th we were honored to join this team at the Northwest PA Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Niagara Awards to accept a Silver Award on behalf of Gone Local. The Niagara Awards are awarded to the best public relations works across NWPA and students compete against professionals all over the region.
The total (8) awards that Edinboro took home include:
- Video News Release/Marketing Video, Presque Isle Partnership (MyPI 100 Campaign)
- Special Events/Observances, Ryan Cappelletty Benefit Concert
- Marketing, Lakeside Bagel & Deli rebranding
- Marketing, Erie's Blues & Jazz Festival poster and logo
- Marketing, Hopleaf Tea Co. rebranding
- Integrated Communications, Edinboro Community Economic Development website and logo (visitedinboropa.com)
- Marketing, Gone Local rebranding
- Interactive Communications, Buzz Generated podcast
We also want to give a special shoutout to Edinboro Beehive employee Julia Carden, who won the night's "PR Student of the Year" honor. Julia is an editor for the student newspaper The Spectator and has worked in several professional PR internships.
Congratulations to all involved, and thank you for assisting us in our beautiful branding!